This delicious dish is so very easy. You really don’t need much except the pork and a slow cooker.
For the pork:
1 pound pork butt
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 bay leaf
For the gravy:
4 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons white flower
1 cup drippings from crock pot
To make the pork:
1. Drizzle pork with olive oil and season with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
2. Place pork in slow cooker and add water about halfway up the meat.
3. Toss in bay leaf and set to desired temperature. The pork should cook a minimum of five hours on high or eight hours on low.
4. Remove from heat when the pork is falling apart when touched (you can use tongs to to touch the pork!)
To make the gravy:
1. Over low heat, melt the butter in a heavy bottomed pan, then slowly whisk in butter.
2. When butter and gravy are incorporated, whisk in drippings.
3. Let simmer til thickened to desired consistency.