Coffee is my Achilles heel; I simply can’t start my day until caffeine has graced my lips. And with spring upon us, it is time to put away those mugs and dust of the ice trays. Follow the simple steps below for the perfect cup of iced coffee every morning. For best results, use quality, freshly ground beans.
You will need:
A french press
One cup ground coffee
Two cups of water
If your french press does not hold that amount, adjust the ratio proportionately.
1. Add coffee to the press.
2. Add water to french press and stir. Add less water for stronger coffee.
3. Stir again after a few minutes, making sure all the grounds are saturated and some are settling.
4. Cover and let coffee sit overnight, or a minimum of eight hours.
5. In the morning, slowly lower the plunger until the grounds are compressed.
Transfer to an airtight container.
6. Depending on your tastes, fill cup with 1/4 – 1/2 parts coffee concentrate than add water or milk to your liking.