This recipe makes use of the abundant greens available at the farmers market or in your garden. I used curly kale – and think it works best – but any variety will do. You could even use other hardy greens. You can also experiment with flavor profiles. Maybe chili pepper and lemon? Whatever you do, watch the clock – these chips go from crisp to burnt quickly!
1/2 pounds curly kale, stems trimmed and coarsely chopped
Fine sea salt
1. Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
2. Wash and dry the kale thoroughly.
3. Toss the kale with a little olive oil (about a teaspoon) and season with a pinch of salt and garlic powder.
4. Place leaves in a single layer on a large baking sheet (you may need to more than one sheet).
4. Bake for about 20 minutes until crisp. Immediately sprinkle with crumbled Parmesan – a tablespoon or so – then let cool before eating.