Nothing evokes summer quite like potato salad. Creamy, cool and delicious, potato salad pairs well with most every grilled entree. However, rather than relying on gobs of mayonnaise for flavor, I incorporate tons of herbs and Greek yogurt to pack a punch. You can use whatever herb you’d like in this recipe, but basil is traditional in pestos and pairs well with the yogurt.
Serve with your choice of grilled meat or fish for asatisfying meal.
2 lbs. of Yukon Gold potatoes, scrubbed and cut into 1″ cubes
2 cups basil
2 small cloves of garlic
1/2 cup toasted pine nuts
1/2 cup of olive oil
1 1/2 cups of Greek yogurt
2 large shallots, minced
1 bunch of chives, chopped
1/2 cup grated parmasen cheese
Salt and pepper
1. Place potatoes in a large pot and cover completely with salted water. Bring to boil.
2. While potatoes are cooking, combine basil, garlic, pine nuts, teaspoon of salt and olive oil in food processor. Purée til smooth. Adjust consistency with olive oil, if needed.
3. Fold pesto into yogurt, then add shallots and chives. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
4. When potatoes can be pierced with fork, drain then allow to cool.
5. Combine all ingredients, including cheese.