All of a sudden, it got cold. And then it rained. And I needed soup. Quickly. Luckily, I still had summer vegetables in the fridge just waiting to be turned into delectable, soothing soup. So, I got to chopping, and in no time was curled up on the couch, happy and warm.
3 peppers, chopped
2 carrots, peeled and chopped
1 potato, cubed
1 onion, minced
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1 quart vegetable stock
1/2 cup whole milk
1 cup ricotta
2 tbs. olive oil
1 tbs. butter
1 tsp. thyme
Salt and pepper
1. In large pot, heat oil and butter over medium heat.
2. When butter is melted, add all vegetables and season with salt and pepper.
3. Cook until all vegetables are soft and nicely cartelized.
4. Turn heat to high and pour in stock, seasoning to taste.
5. When stock boils, reduce to simmer.
6. Using an immersion blender, purée soup to desired consistency.
7. Stir in milk and thyme, and half of the ricotta.
8. Serve immediately, with dollops of ricotta.
Enjoy! With a nice little comedy and some wine.